Which version of the StarTeam Client should I download for my non Windows Operating System?

0 Likes

Problem:

Which version of the StarTeam Client should I download for my non Windows Operating System?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: ALL
  • Product Component: Client
  • Platform/OS Version: Unix / Linux

Linux users should download the Cross Platform Client which is intended for use with RedHat Enterprise Linux. This may work with other Linux distributions however this is not tested or supported.

Users of Non Linux systems such as AIX or Solaris may have difficulty running the Java based installer for the Cross Platform Client. These users should use the StarTeam Universal Client. Please note that Unix Non RedHat Operating Systems are unsupported however users may find the universal client to work in these environments.

Client downloads are available at:

To install the Cross Platform Client

1. Use the cd command to change directory to where the file is located. i.e. cd /home/user/downloads
  2. Unzip the archive i.e: tar xvzf ./StarTeamCP2008.tar.gz
    Please note that Unix/Linux are case sensitive, the exact filename must be specified with correct case
  3. Run the installer with the command ./StarTeamCP.bin and follow the instructions shown. Please note the installation and shortcut paths given during the installation as these should be used to launch the application
  4. If you receive a JAVA_HOME error, please contact Micro Focus Support for further information.

http://supportline.microfocus.com

5. You can launch the client by running either the shortcuts installed in your home directory or the binary files installed under /opt. To run the client or tools simply put ./ before calling the client or the stcmd/bco applications.

To install the Universal Client

1. Use the cd command to change directory to where the file is located. i.e. cd /home/user/downloads
  2. Unzip the archive i.e: tar xvzf ./2008R2STCPUniversal.tar.gz
  3. Ensure your Java settings are correct
  4. The extracted directory starteam-en-[version]-java contains a bin directory, from which StarTeam can be launched. To run the client or tools simply put ./ before calling the client or the stcmd/bco applications.

If you experience any issues installing or running StarTeam please contact support or log a case.

Old KB# 29229
Comment List
Related
Recommended