Why do I get error, "Please delete the existing licenses before proceeding" when trying to register a new license?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get error, "Please delete the existing licenses before proceeding" when trying to register a new license?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2006
  • Product Component: Server
  • Platform/OS Version: All

This error will be generated when two different license key versions are stack onto each other, on the same server.

The reason for this is that the server does support a mix ofversioning. The current StarTeam license agreement only allows for asingle StarTeam server to support one StarTeam edition (i.e.,"Enterprise Advantage", "Enterprise", "Standard") at a time.

Forexample, if you install a StarTeam Enterprise Advantagelicense key on a server, only additional Enterprise Advantage licensekeys can be installed on that same server. Similarly, StarTeamEnterprise and StarTeam Standard licenses cannot be mixed with anyother edition type either.

If you do have a need to support mixed sets of users withdifferent editions, a separate StarTeam server must be setup for eachedition type. Then, the license keys that the customer receives fromBorland should be installed by edition on the appropriate server. Userswould then need to be granted access on each server based on thelicenses that are available.

If you have obtained additional license keys and they are different from the existing ones, please contact your sales in order to upgrade the keys to the same version. If you need assistance with this please contact Borland Technical Support.

Old KB# 28587
Comment List
Related
Recommended