Error: You are not a named user, and there are no concurrent user licenses available...
Information in this Brief applies to:
When a user attempts to log in afterregistering the StarTeam server with a named user license the user receives theerror "You are not a named user..." and is unable to log in.
When StarTeam 6.0 is installed an automatic 30 day evaluation period beginswhere all users have concurrent user licenses. At any time during thisevaluation period or after, if the server is registered using named userlicenses this error will occur for all users except the default Administratoraccount. The reason for this is that named user licenses need to be assigned toeach user and no named user licenses are assigned by default except for thedefault Administrator account.
The resolution is to log in as the default Administrator account and addnamed user licenses to each user within the User Manager that you wish to haveaccess to the StarTeam server.
To add named user licenses:
1. Within the StarTeam client logged on using the default Administratoraccount click "Tools"->"Server Administration"
2. Highlight your server configuration on the left and click the "UserManager" button on the right.
3. Within the User Manager under "users" find the name of the useryou would like to grant a named user license to.
4. Right-click the user click "Add named user license".
5. Click "Close" to close the User Manager.
What if I don"t know the default Administrator account"spassword?
If you do not know the password for the default Administrator account firsttry the password "Administrator". If that does not work contactTechnical Support to request an evaluation extension. With the extension enteredlog in as another user with Administrator rights and change the defaultAdministrator account"s password.
Here is an out line of the process:
1. Obtain a evaluation extension from Technical Support.
2. Within Server Tools remove the permanent registration code and enter theevaluation extension.
3. Restart the StarTeam server for the evaluation to take effect.
4. Within the StarTeam client logged on using a user account withadministrative rights account click "Tools"->"ServerAdministration"
5. Highlight your server configuration on the left and click the "UserManager" button on the right.
6. Within the User Manager under "users" right-click theAdministrator account->Select "Properties"->Select the"logon" tab.
7. Insert a new password then click "OK" ->"Close"
8. Re-register the StarTeam server with the permanent registration codes.
9. Restart the StarTeam server to have the new registration codes takeeffect.
10. Log in as the default Administrator account and assign named userlicenses following steps 1-5 under "To add named user licenses".
Contact Technical Support if you have any questions.