Why do I get the error "Server list at null\starteam-servers.xml is missing" when connecting to StarTeam from Quality Center?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get the error "Server list at null\starteam-servers.xml is missing" when connecting to StarTeam from Quality Center?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 R2
  • Product Component: Quality Center Integration
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

When attempting to setup Quality Center to use StarTeam for version control, why do I get the error below?

Failed to perform VCS Action
    Failed to get VC plug in object.
    Failed to get connected plugin project.
    Failed to create or connect to VC plug in object.
    Server list at null\starteam-servers.xml is missing;

Answer:

There are different reasons for getting an error when connecting to StarTeam from Quality Center however this particular error shows a Null instead of the path to the Quality Center Version Control Add-in directory. This will occur if a backslash appears in the path to the StarTeam folder when specified in the StServer.properties file. For example, the following excerpt from the StServer.properties file will raise the error:

com.borland.tdvcs.server.folder=FolderA\com.borland.tdvcs.server.list.dir=C:\\Program Files\\Borland\\StarTeam Integrations\\Quality Center Version Control Add-in 8.2

Whereas the following will not:

com.borland.tdvcs.server.folder=FolderA com.borland.tdvcs.server.list.dir=C:\\Program Files\\Borland\\StarTeam Integrations\\Quality Center Version Control Add-in 8.2

To resolve this edit the file with a text editor and remove the backslash manually then save the file and try to access StarTeam again.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 27966
Comment List
Related
Recommended