Problem:

Can I delete a StarTeam Hive?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 & 2005 R2
  • Product Component: Server
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

I created a StarTeam Hive by accident and now I want to delete it. How do I remove a hive?

Answer:

While it is not recommended that you delete a hive, sometimes accidents happen. To remove a hive, first you need to make a backup of the hive"s cache and archive folders. Open StarTeam Server Administrator and, with the server configuration stopped, click on Hive Manager.

Highlight the hive you are addressing and select Properties. The Hive index file field will tell you where to locate the hive"s index, cache, and hive-index.html file. It would be best to backup the entire root directory of the Hive.

After the backup, you will open hive-index.xml in a text editor, locate the section to and delete everything in that section that relates to the offending hive. Save the file and close your editor.

Now open up the Hive Manager again. You should not see the hive that you removed from the XML file.

It is now safe to remove the deleted hive"s folders. You can delete the folder tree using Windows Explorer or by whichever method you desire.

** Be very careful when messing with hives and always make sure you have a backup of anything you edit or delete. Doing any processes to the hive or it"s folders can adversely affect your StarTeam projects, so make doubly sure you are certain that you want to delete a hive and that you are working with the right one.

author: Donnie Nix

Old KB# 27939
Comment List
Related
Recommended