Why do I get an error "An internal application error occurred. Java Heap Space" when viewing the server log?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get an error "An internal application error occurred. Java Heap Space" when viewing the server log?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 R2
  • Product Component: Server
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

When attempting to view the server log though the Server Administration tool I get a dialog which reports an error: "An internal application error occured. Java Heap Space". What is causing this error and how can I view my server log.

Answer:

This error will happen when the server log becomes very big and there is not enough memory allocated to the JVM to allow the Administration tool to open the log. For an immediate workaround just view the log using a text editor such as notepad. The path to the log file can be obtained in the Administration tool by choosing SERVER | CONFIGURATION PROPERTIES from the toolbar. To resolve the error you can increase the amount of memory available to the jvm by editing the java.ini file located in your "C:\Program Files\Borland\Java" directory. Edit it using a text editor add the following code:

options=-Xmx512m

This will allow the Server Administration tool to open large log files in future. You must restart the server for changes to take affect. If you are accessing the server log from an Administration tool installed on a client machine the file you need to edit is called AdminTool.StJava instead. Just add the same code to that file. If you continue to have problems contact support@borland.com.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 28034
Comment List
Related
Recommended