Why do I get the following error when trying to add the Borland.StarTeam.dll as a reference to my Visual Studio 2003 project "A reference to "C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam SDK Runtime for .NET 9.3\bin\Borland.StarTeam.dll" could not be a

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get the following error when trying to add the Borland.StarTeam.dll as a reference to my Visual Studio 2003 project "A reference to "C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam SDK Runtime for .NET 9.3\bin\Borland.StarTeam.dll" could not be added."?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2006 onwards
  • Product Component: .NET SDK
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

Why do I get the following error when trying to add the Borland.StarTeam.dll as a reference to my Visual Studio 2003 project "A reference to "C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam SDK Runtime for .NET 9.3\bin\Borland.StarTeam.dll" could not be added. This is not a valid assembly or COM component. Only assemblies with extension ""dll" and COM components can be referenced."?

Answer:

This error is due to a compatibility issue between applications developed in Microsoft"s .NET Framework 2.0 running on .NET Framework 1.1. It is mentioned in the following article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/47a587hk.aspx. Since the StarTeam 2006 .NET SDK was created in .NET 2.0 it cannot be opened in Visual Studio 2003 as it uses .NET 1.1. In order to work with StarTeam 2006 .NET SDK you need to use a version of Visual Studio that supports .NET 2.0. Visual Studio 2005 supports that version.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 27294
Comment List
Related
Recommended