ST: how to setup a silent install / install image for StarTeam
Problem Description:StarTeam 5.x - Windows - Client and
WebEdition How to setup a silent install with StarTeam
1. Copy StarTeam.exe under the Client\Web folder from the CD to a network location
2. Copy installer.properties and custom.exe to the same location as StarTeam.exe.
3. Run StarTeam.exe -> this with the existence of installer.properties in the same location installs StarTeam client silently
4. Run Custom.exe -> this installs the requested license
1. the "installer.properties" file contains customizable options (path, install type, ...)
2. to avoid repackaging StarTeam, a separate program custom.exe is attached to install the requested license. The computers will need to be restarted after the silent installations complete. There is an InstallAnywhere bug that makes it impossible for the silent installation to initiate a computer restart. Otherwise, this installation would include a computer restart option. You"ll want an SMS package to wait a few minutes before issuing a restart to make sure that the installation has finished.