How do I use the Database Administration Utility from a machine remote from the TrackRecord Server?
To use the Database Administration Utility to remotely administer a database server, follow the steps below:
1) Install the Database Administration Utility on the client machine from the CD if it is not already installed.
2) On the Server, share the TrackRecord directory and configure access to the NT account belonging to the user who will require access.
3) Logging onto the Client machine with Admin privileges, Map a drive to the TrackRecord directory of the TrackRecord Server.
4) Open the registry by selecting Start>Run and typing regedit.
5) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Compuware\TrackRecord
6) In the right pane, double click the serverPath value. Change the data to the drive mapping of the TrackRecord directory located on the server. So if your drive mapping is T:\, then change the data to T:
*Note: In order to administer your database using the Database Administration Utility, you must be logged onto Windows with administrator rights.