Why do I get "Package Load Failure" when attempting to use Visual Studio 2005 with StarTeam Integration?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get "Package Load Failure" when attempting to use Visual Studio 2005 with StarTeam Integration?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2006
  • Product Component: Visual Studio Integration
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

This error is usually caused by corrupted .Net assembly packages. If it difficult to ascertain why this corruption occurs, but it could be caused by an invalid installation of StarTeam Integration, such as installing the incorrect version.

Package Load Failure error image

The steps below, which involve adding dlls to the Global Assembly Cache should be tried to resolve the issue.

1. Shut down Visual Studio 2005 (if running)

• Locate the following dll files on your hard-drive;
    • Borland.StarTeam.VSIP.dll
    • Borland.StarTeam.IDE.dll
    • Borland.StarTeam.Edge.dll
    • Borland.StarTeam.Core.dll
    • Borland.StarTeam.dll
    • policy.9.x.Borland.StarTeam.Core.dll

Each of these files will be located in one of the following directories;
    • C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam Integrations\StarTeam 2006 Visual Studio 2005 Integration
    • C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam Integrations\StarTeam 2006 Visual Studio 2005 Integration\Client
    • C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam SDK for .NET 2006\bin
  • Open the Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt (Start | All Programs | Microsoft | Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 | Visual Studio Tools), and run the following command for each of the above dll files.

gacutil.exe /if ""

for example,
gacutil.exe /if "C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam SDK for .NET 2006\bin\Borland.StarTeam.Core.dll"

• Repeat step 3 for each of the files, remembering to include the correct path.
  • Restart Visual Studio 2005 - the Package Load Failure error should no longer appear.

If the issue persists please refer to article Why do I get "Package Load Failure" when attempting to use Visual Studio 2005 with StarTeam Integration?

Old KB# 27688
Comment List
Related
Recommended