Why do folders show in StarTeam Eclipse when I have specifed to "Exclude" them using the "Exclude List"?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do folders show in StarTeam Eclipse when I have specifed to "Exclude" them using the "Exclude List"?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam Eclipse
  • Product Version: 2006
  • Product Component: Integration
  • Platform/OS Version: All

I have placed the names of folders in the Local Exclude List (using the folder/ format) that I do not wish to be placed under source control in StarTeam, but they still appear in the Navigator & Synchronize Views in StarTeam Eclipse with outgoing changes, and can be checked-into StarTeam.

STEC Navigator Excluded FoldersSTEC Sync Excluded

The "Local Exclude List" works as designed in the StarTeam Client, but as StarTeam Eclipse is an application development tool, it was decided that it was necessary to show all folders & files, whether they were excluded from StarTeam or not.

In StarTeam Eclipse you can "Ignore" files / folders, and they will not be used in the synchronization with StarTeam, but will still be visible in the Navigator View.

In the above example, the folder "target" is not to be included in StarTeam. Right click on the folder or file (in either Navigator or Synchronize Views) and select "Ignore" (in Navigator View, select "Team" first)
The StarTeam synchronization icons will disappear from the folder/file and will not be included in any synchronization / check-in process.

Note: any files / sub folders in a folder that has been "Ignored" will automatically be ignored also - the reverse is also true (if you "remove ignore" from a file in a folder, then the folder will also be removed from the "ignore")

Old KB# 28780
Comment List
Related
Recommended