Why do I get the error "The server is not connected or the connection parameters are invalid" when trying to connect to StarTeam Server from my StarTeam Client on a Windows machine?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get the error "The server is not connected or the connection parameters are invalid" when trying to connect to StarTeam Server from my StarTeam Client on a Windows machine?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2006 R2
  • Product Component: Cross Platform Client
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

Answer:

Please check for the following when you encounter this error:

1)Check if a connection can be established to StarTeam server by running the following command on your command prompt.

telnet > >

• If the connection is good, you will see a blank screen.
    • If the connection is bad, you will see an error message "Could not open connection to the host, on port <>: Connect failed"

If the connection cannot be established to the StarTeam server, this is a network issue. So please work with your Network Administrator to resolve this problem.

2) Verify the Server properties such as the Server address and TCP/IP endpoint in CPC is correct.

3)In some occassions there is a possibility that the following files are missing or corrupted in the user"s machine:

setup.ini
    starteam-client-options.xml
    starteam-servers.xml

• These files are typically found in C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Borland\StarTeam folder which is a hidden folder.
    • Enable ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ from Windows Explorer to view the files.
    • Try replacing these files with the files from another StarTeam client machine which is working fine.

Author : Rajalakshmi Arumugham

Old KB# 28956
Comment List
Related
Recommended