Why do I get the dialog ?Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion? when attempting to start StarTeam?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get the dialog ?Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion? when attempting to start StarTeam?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 - 2006
  • Product Component: StarTeam Server
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

Answer:

This indicates that you have configured your StarTeam Server to run as a Windows Service. When configured this way the StarTeam Server will attempt to start when the machine restarts. Some users configure the StarTeam service to have a dependency on other services such as a database service. This would mean StarTeam checks the database has started before it starts. If you have set a dependency then check that the dependant service is started and attempt to restart the StarTeam server in Windows Services dialog. If you do not have a dependency then check for other possible issues such as the Windows user you have logged on as has adequate rights on the machine. You should also look at the starteam-server-configs.xml file located in the StarTeam server folder to make sure it is not corrupt. Try opening the file with a browser to ensure the xml renders correctly. If the file does not render in a browser then please contact Borland Support and send them the file. You should also contact Borland Support if none of the above resolves the issue.

Author:

Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 27572
Comment List
Related
Recommended