When trying to launch the CP client on a Solaris machine why do I get the error "Unable to locate the application"s "main" class. The class "com.starbase.starteam.gui.Main" must be public and have a "public static void ma

0 Likes

Problem:

When trying to launch the CP client on a Solaris machine why do I get the error "Unable to locate the application"s "main" class. The class "com.starbase.starteam.gui.Main" must be public and have a "public static void main(String[])" method"?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 R2
  • Product Component: Cross Platform Client
  • Platform/OS Version: Solaris

Question:

When trying to launch the Cross-Platform Client on a Solaris machine why do I get the error "Unable to locate the application"s "main" class. The class "com.starbase.starteam.gui.Main" must be public and have a "public static void main(String[])" method. (LAX)"?

Answer:

This indicates that the Cross-Platform Client is referencing the wrong version of Java on the machine. The Cross-Platform Client requires at least JRE 1.5 in order to operate correctly on Solaris. If you have installed JRE or JDK 1.5 and still get the error then you need to:

1. Edit the StarTeamCP.lax located in the /usr/StarTeamCP_2005r2/bin directory
2. Open this with a text editor
3. Locate the line LAX.NL.CURRENT.VM and make sure the path points to the correct Java 1.5 directory.
4. Save the changes.
5. Try launching the client again.

If you continue to experience the same behavior please contact Borland Technical Support.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 27955
Comment List
Related
Recommended