How can I prevent the error: "Async IO running low on memory. Used:0, Allotted: 104857600, Physical Avail: -2498560, Virtual Avail: 1473626112" from being wrote to my StarTeam server log?

0 Likes

Problem:

How can I prevent the error: "Async IO running low on memory. Used:0, Allotted: 104857600, Physical Avail: -2498560, Virtual Avail: 1473626112" from being wrote to my StarTeam server log?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version:2008R2
  • Product Component: Server
  • Platform/OS Version: N/A

To remove this error from your server log, you need to disable Async I/O in the server configuration file. To set this value follow the steps below:

1. Browse to your starteam-server-configs.xml at C:\Program Files\Borland\StarTeam Server 2008 R2
  2. Open to edit the file in a text editor.
  3. Set the value of the option UseAsyncIO to 0. (e.g. )..
  4. Restart the StarTeam server.

The Asynchronous I/O feature is enabled by default and the error "Async IO running low on memory" can occur when the system is running low on resources.

The disadvantages of disabling Async I/O is (slightly) reduced server responsiveness on high concurrent load. The difference in performance will be seen at times of high commits. These are going to be seen when committing a very large number of files, such as a major VCM commit. This should not greatly affect the performance of the StarTeam server.

In future versions of the client we plan to allow greater performance gains through optional Async I/O settings that we plan to introduce.

Note: A StarTeam 2008 R2 server patch (patch 1) has been released to disable and suppress these errors from being written to the StarTeam server log file. To get this patch please contact Borland Technical Support.

Old KB# 29212
Comment List
Related
Recommended