When conducting a VCM session I receive the difference type "Parent folder failed". How can I resolve this?

0 Likes

Problem:

When conducting a VCM session I receive the difference type "Parent folder failed". How can I resolve this?

Resolution:

• Product Name: Starteam
  • Product Version: 2006
  • Product Component: VCM
  • Platform/OS Version: All

Question:

When conducting a VCM session I receive the difference type "Parent folder failed", and how can I resolve this?

Answer:

Firstly the error "Parent Folder Failed" means that the root view does not exist to share the contents of the folder into that View.

To resolve this situation, you must first resolve the folder issue by forcing the share operation to happen and ignoring the contents of the folder. Once the folder status has been resolved, you can run another promote session and promote the file contents of the folder. By the current design, this has to be resolved in 2 separate sessions. The session does not dynamically adjust the options for the files in the current session based on the actions taken to resolve the folder status.

Currently there is an open change request logged with product management so that the above workaround can be completed in one VCM session.

***If any of the views were created on a StarTeam 2005 R2 Server there may be issues with the above workaround***

Author: Nuala Comiskey

Old KB# 27299
Comment List
Related
Recommended