When selecting a connection in Web Edtion why do I get a ""StarTeam" is not in the server list" error?

0 Likes

Problem:

When selecting a connection in Web Edtion why do I get a ""StarTeam" is not in the server list" error?

Resolution:

Description When selecting a connection in Web Edition why do I get a ""StarTeam" is not in the server list" error?
Note: you may get a name other than "StarTeam" in the error - but the same solution applies.

Solution

This is because the "Description" for the Server Property has been changed.
To rectify the problem, logon to the Web Edition machine. - Open Web Edition in a browser
- Select "Connections"
- Select "New Connection"
- Select the "Properties" button for the StarTeam Server which the original connection was made for.
- Change the "Server Description" back to the name that is displayed in the error message. (In this case - based on the error message above, you would change it back to "StarTeam" - without the quotes).
- Alternatively, instead of modifying the existing Server connection, you can add a new Server connection which connects to the StarTeam Server. Ensure that the "Server Description" field matches the name displayed in the error message (without the quotes).

Old KB# 30353
Comment List
Related
Recommended