Why do I get the error: "incorrect syntax near "-" Deleting database file "c:\program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\\........ldf" when setting up a new StarTeam configuration?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get the error: "incorrect syntax near "-" Deleting database file "c:\program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\\........ldf" when setting up a new StarTeam configuration?

Resolution:

Product Name: StarTeam
Product Version: All
Product Component Database:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Question:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Answer:
The reason for this error is one of the following: 1 You using a database name with strange characters or multiple spaces.
2. You using a password with numeric characters? For example 123password
3. You using reserved SQL keywords for either your DB name, Password or ODBC? In most cases the error message is specific in detailing the exact character that cause the problem. For example: "incorrect syntax near "-" error is informing you that the character - can not be used in the database name or password fields. To fix this please adhere to the rules above and remove any illegal characters. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: David McLeish
Old KB# 27908
Comment List
Related
Recommended