Why do I get the error the following error when trying to run an extraction in DataMart "JDBC driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver not found. Please check your classpath or download the driver from the Oracle website"?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get the error the following error when trying to run an extraction in DataMart "JDBC driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver not found. Please check your classpath or download the driver from the Oracle website"?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 R2 & 2006
  • Product Component: DataMart
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

Answer:

This indicates that you may not have the correct JDBC driver installed for Oracle. You can get the drivers here: http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

If you have installed the JDBC driver and continue to get this error please check the StarTeamDatamart.stjava file in the DataMart directory. Edit this file with a text editor and look at the classpath entry. This entry references some jar files and some SQL directories but the last entry should reference the Oracle ojdbc14.jar file. Please ensure the path to this jar is correct as the path specified in this file assumes that the file is located at C:\oracle\ora92\jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar which is not always the case.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 27474
Comment List
Related
Recommended