How to configure an alternate 3rd party comparison utility in StarTeam client
· Product Name: Star Team
1. In StarTeam client application, navigate, using the menu, to "Tools" | "Personal Options".
2. Click at "File" tab then click on "Alternate Applications..." button located at the bottom of the dialog.
3. Click on the check box for "Comparison Utility". Enter the full path of the desired 3rd party tool including the executable. Then enter the following in the "Options" field:
"$file1 $file2". $file1 and $file2 represent the full
paths to the files.
4. Click on "OK" button for the changes to take effect.
Now you may perform file comparison with your desired 3rd party tool:
5. Highlight any two files from the client application.
6. Right click and select "Compare Contents" to launch the tool.
Notes: Depending on the 3rd party comparison utility, you may configure the tool to compare more than two files.