Unable to re-open items with attachment added during remote hive disconnection
This issue is relevant to any configuration items with properties attachments, including: Change Request, Requirement, Task and Topic.
This problem is really due to the following item properties being mismatched: Attachment Count and Attachment names. Example: "Attachment Count" reads 1 while "Attachment names" is empty.
When user attempts to open such problematic item, an error message (similar to the one below) will be shown, stopping the user from opening the item again:
Upgrade to the StarTeam Cross Platform Client 2006
Use the CPC 2006 to connect to Server 2005 R2
Open the project created earlier
You should be to open those problematic items again.
Note: The attachment added during the period of remote hive disconnection will be absent
Such problematic item can be reproduced thru the following steps:
1. Create a remote hive using StarTeam Server 2005 R2 and bring it up.
2. Use CPC to create a new project on this remote hive.
3. Remove the connection between server and remote hive by unplugging the network cable or unshared the remote hive.
4. Use CPC to create a Change Request and add attachment, then click OK.
5. Reopen the Change Request created in Step 4 the error message above will be shown.
6. Recover the connection in Step 3 will not resolve this issue because the attachment did not stored in the remote hive.
Author: Fong Sok Nee