Why do I get errors when launching Visual Studio 2005 integration after installing Visual Studio 2003 integration on same machine?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why do I get errors when launching Visual Studio 2005 integration after installing Visual Studio 2003 integration on same machine?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2006 R2
  • Product Component: Visual Studio 2005 Integration
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows XP
  • JDK/Compiler Version: 1.5.0_09

Description:

Answer/Solution:

This issue occurs because the .NET SDK that is installed with the Visual Studio 2003 Integration should be installed before the SDK in the Visual Studio 2005 Integration.

To fix this issue you must uninstall both the Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 integrations from your machine. Also you must uninstall the "StarTeam SDK Runtime for .NET 2005 R2" and "StarTeam SDK Runtime for .NET Runtime 2006".

Once these products are uninstalled; you need to install the Visual Studio 2003 integration; make sure that it function properly and then install the Visual Studio 2005 Integration and make sure that it functions properly.

At this point both integrations should be able to function on the same system without issue.

Author: Eric Sachar

Old KB# 28843
Comment List
Related
Recommended