How to change your default Source Code Control Provider.
Information in this Brief applies to:
When using VSS with StarTeam if VSS is installed it commonly sets itself as the default source code control provider. This is a manual process for changing the default source code control provider to StarTeam.
Note: Editing the registry is for advanced users only; exporting
a backup of the registry prior to editing is strongly
1. Run regedit from the run prompt
2. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Expand SOFTWARE
4. Expand SourceCodeControlProvider
5. Double-click on Installed SCCProviders
6. If both StarTeam and Visual Studio are installed then you will see registry entries on the right hand side for "Microsoft Visual SourceSafe" and "StarBase StarTeam".
7. Open the "StarBase StarTeam" Entry
8. Copy the contents of the "Value data" field
9. Open the (Default) entry
10. Paste the data from the StarBase key into the Value data space on the (Default) key
11. Click "OK"
12. Close the Registry Editor
Now your default source code control provider should be StarTeam. Note: You can change the default provider to Microsoft Visual SourceSafe by copying the Value data from that entry into the (Default) entry to switch to Microsoft.