I uninstalled 6.1.0 and when I attempt to install 6.1.1 I receive the following

0 Likes

Problem:

I uninstalled 6.1.0 and when I attempt to install 6.1.1 I receive the following message: "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components?". When you select OK and then attempt to reinstall 6.1.1, the message appears again, and it never goes away. I may have forgotten to reboot in between uninstalling 6.1.0, and reinstalling 6.1.1. How do I solve this problem?

Resolution:

If any of the following items are still in the regestry, you should delete them:

1. Delete the folder under Installshield Information\ {CB535B40-A00D-45FF-8329-40B8E5EAFACB}

2. Delete the registry key: Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\{CB535B40-A00D-45FF-8329-40B8E5EAFACB}

3. Delete the following registry keys:

"Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord 6.1.0"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord Server 6.1.0"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord 6.0.2"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord Server 6.0.2"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord 6.0.1"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord Server 6.0.1"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord 6.0"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\TrackRecord Server 6.0"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\Compuware TrackRecord Client"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\Compuware TrackRecord Server"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\QATrackRecord"; "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\QATrackRecord Server";

When you are done with these deletions, install TrackRecord into the same folder as before, and the 6.1.1 installation should complete successfully.

Old KB# 10717
Comment List
Related
Recommended