When connecting to my StarTeam server from a Unix operating system why does my client report the error "Internal Application Error: RC2_CFB encryption not available with JSafe"?

0 Likes

Problem:

When connecting to my StarTeam server from a Unix operating system why does my client report the error "Internal Application Error: RC2_CFB encryption not available with JSafe"?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 R2
  • Product Component: Cross Platform Client
  • Platform/OS Version: Unix

Question:

Answer:

This error indicates that the StarTeam server has been configured to use RSA R2 block cipher (Cipher Feedback) encryption which is not supported by Unix operating systems. As a result of this any client running on Unix that tries to connect to the server will be forced to use this encryption level. For clients running on Windows this is not a problem as Windows supports this encryption type but Unix clients cannot use this server unless the encryption is lowered to any of the other 3 encryption types or is disabled completely. To change the encryption type open the Server Administration tool and choose:

Tools | Administration | Configure Server | Protocol

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 27979
Comment List
Related
Recommended