When using Business Objects I want to find all CR?s and with Linked Tasks based on a certain project but when I set up a condition on the Project object why does it not filter on a certain project name as specified in my condition?

0 Likes

Problem:

When using Business Objects I want to find all CR?s and with Linked Tasks based on a certain project but when I set up a condition on the Project object why does it not filter on a certain project name as specified in my condition?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam
  • Product Version: 2005 R2
  • Product Component: Business Objects
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

Answer:

The Project object is not part of the Links Union object. CR?s and Tasks are linked through the Links Union object which means you can show all CR?s and Linked Tasks in all projects but once you try to filter through project it cannot form a relationship with that project and so it will always show all CR?s and linked Tasks in all projects. As a workaround you could just write the SQL to choose a particular project or you could get DataMart to only extract data from a particular project.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 27601
Comment List
Related
Recommended