Why am I getting "Error: Expected [identifier], Found [unsigned numeric constant]" in my StarTeam log?

0 Likes

Problem:

Why am I getting "Error: Expected [identifier], Found [unsigned numeric constant]" in my StarTeam log?

Resolution:

• Product Name: StarTeam MPX
  • Product Version: All
  • Product Component: MPX Server / Cache Agent
  • Platform/OS Version: All

Question:

After performing a StarTeam Server restart, the StarTeam MPX Server established a connection with the StarTeam project, but upon checking the logs why is ?ERROR: Expected: , Found: ? reported?

Answer:

This error is generated when you specify a project name that begins with numeric characters in the MPXEventTransmitter.xml file. For example, the following tags will give the above error;

101project 123456

This tag is essentially only for MPX administrators to identify the project in the XML file and has no effect on the MPX service therefore it does not need to reflect the name of any actual StarTeam project. You will also note that the logs also incorrectly state that it is connecting to project which is also related to numeric characters.

To resolve this issue edit the MPXEventTransmitter.xml file and remove any leading numeric characters from the project name in the tag, and save the file. You will need to restart your StarTeam Server.

Author: Andrew Thompson

Old KB# 27740
Comment List
Related
Recommended