Problem:

How do I add named users to my BLS server

Resolution:

• Product Name: N/A
  • Product Version: 4
  • Product Component: BLS
  • Platform/OS Version: All Platforms

Answer/Solution:

How do I add named users to my BLS Server?

Description:

The user list file controls users and products they are licensed to use. For named user licenses, this file is called userlist.txt and is located in the \conf directory. A user is guaranteed to obtain a product license as long as his/her name is in this file and he or she is connected to the server.

The entries in the user list file must be in one of two formats:

For new suite products, such as JBuilder X Enterprise Suite, there is one identifier per suite, per user. In this example, the user jsmith is registered for one copy of JBuilder X Enterprise Suite that includes the JBuilder product and 4 Optimizeit products:

jsmith, *, 100_1_1, 30(This format is supported by the Borland License Server version 2.32 and above.)

For products registered with a version of the Borland License Server prior to version 2.32, there is one product id code and one sku id code for each single product or each single product in a suite. For example, the following entries register the user pjohnson for the JBuilder 9 Enterprise Suite, that includes the JBuilder product and 3 Optimizeit products:

• pjohnson, *, 1085, 2, 30
  • pjohnson, *, 9102, 0, 30
  • pjohnson, *, 9202, 0, 30
  • pjohnson, *, 9302, 0, 30

(This format has been deprecated in the Borland License Server version 2.32, but is still supported.)

Critical: The identifier you enter into your userlist.txt file is in the readme.txt file. You MUST read this file to find the values to enter.

Author: Ja"Mille Wilborn

Old KB# 27483
Comment List
Related
Recommended