Feedback on Virtual User Generator 12.60: Running a Vuser as a Process or Thread

I am not able to find this information anywhere about vusers using thread setting. Checked this page and loadrunner options but can’t find the miscellaneous option. I am using v12.55 and v12.60 community edition with Truclient. so, I wrote to document team for help here on website thinking it was documentation issue.

Their Reply>it does not exist for every protocol – for example, TruClient does not have this option. If you feel this option should be added for TruClient, you are invited to submit an enhancement request.

Question: How do you calculate if you are able to run only 5 users on your machine and project for 50 Vusers. I have limitation of hardware resource and get out of memory when I go till 7 Vusers. Please help!

• Its really very hard to tell homw much load a load generators will take before it crashes. it purely depends on the hardware configurations. A rough estimates can be taken by below analysis :

Web protocol: 2MB memory required to execute 1 user
    CITRIX protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user
    AJAX protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user
    SAP GUI protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user
    Any other GUI protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user

But this would not always hold true as this is a rough estimates.

Also, you must use the Load generators as a "process" for GUI application (like SAP, Citrix) and run others as "thread/services". Only constrain with using the agent as Process is it uses too much of resources, hence you must have a poweful hardware.