Issue with web services in updating Financial Summary: WS_PROCESS Exception

We have an interface which takes the entries from a custom table and loads to the Financial Summary via Web Services.

for some entries wherein the Project setting has the "Allow Capitalized cost for project" option was not selected and on those entries the Web Services showed the follow exception

"WS_PROCESS Exception: The expense type Capital is invalid, costs are not being capitalized."

however the query is that even if requests are having only Operating entries, we see this error which is weird and wanted some guidelines on tackling this issue with web services.

1) is that projects with this setting disabled will have issues in loading Operating charges as well
2) if not then what is that we need to focus to see why the Operating charges are failing in loading

Parents
  • Apart for setting ""Allow Capitalized cost for project" on Project side, you also need to enable the Capitalized flag on the Financial Summary settings.

I am handling this within my web service code, i.e. if Capitalized cost is not enbaled in Financial Summary then enable it, else skip.

The options in Financial Summary setting would be like this:

• For Propsoal - "The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs."
    • For Project -  "Allow capitalized costs on this project."

To test this fisrt manually go to Fiancial Summary settings and enable "Capitalized Cost" flag and then run your web service, it should work.

• Apart for setting ""Allow Capitalized cost for project" on Project side, you also need to enable the Capitalized flag on the Financial Summary settings.

I am handling this within my web service code, i.e. if Capitalized cost is not enbaled in Financial Summary then enable it, else skip.

The options in Financial Summary setting would be like this:

• For Propsoal - "The proposal is for a project that tracks capital costs."
    • For Project -  "Allow capitalized costs on this project."

To test this fisrt manually go to Fiancial Summary settings and enable "Capitalized Cost" flag and then run your web service, it should work.

Children