Server not starting through console but starting through Service

I have recently migrated the PPM 9.32 application from current 2008 server to a 2016 server. As per the instructions for migrating instances i have copied the file structure (ppm_home) to the new server.
Edit the server.conf to reference the new server name.
Truncated the TMP & Work directories in ppm_home\server\<server_name> and run kJSPCompiler.sh to recompile everything. Run kUpdateHtml.sh and start the new instance. Setup ksvc to start a service.

However on starting the server I have encountered that the service is starting only through the Service setup by ksvc . The cygwin Console has been throwing errors for starting the service. I have provided read write permissions to all the folders and sub directories however still receiving the following error on the console . Any ideas on where to check for the error will be helpful . 

$ sh kStart.sh
JAVA_HOME = D:/Java/
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b15, mixed mode)
JAVA_HOME = D:/Java/
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b15, mixed mode)
server.conf path: null
\log\serverLog.txt (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:294)
at org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java:207)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.<init>(FileAppender.java:110)
at org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.<init>(RollingFileAppender.java:79)
at com.kintana.core.logging.RollingFileAppender.<init>(RollingFileAppender.java:33)
at com.kintana.core.logging.LogConfigurator.doConfigure(LogConfigurator.java:746)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:580)
at com.kintana.core.logging.LogConfigurator.doConfigure(LogConfigurator.java:487)
at com.kintana.core.server.ServerStartupSanity.initServer(ServerStartupSanity.java:432)
at com.kintana.core.server.ServerStartupSanity.doPreStartupChecks(ServerStartupSanity.java:138)
at com.kintana.core.server.ServerStartupSanity.main(ServerStartupSanity.java:112)
STATUS server:main:(?:?):2020/01/20-17:16:12.540 CST: Logging reconfiguration complete
in standalone mode(ServerStartupSanity.java:89):2020/01/20-17:16:12.556 CST: Running pre-startup checks for node Kintana
cannot be found in server.confpSanity.java:89):2020/01/20-17:16:12.556 CST: Node Kintana
ERROR server:main:(ServerStartupSanity.java:89):2020/01/20-17:16:12.556 CST: PPM will not start
sanity failed. See server log for detail.
PPM failed the pre-startup sanity checks and will not start