OTA QC : How to get Testset/Testset Folder of a test selected in the TestPlan at first.

Hi everyone,

I'm develloping a tool in AutoIT for a project at work and I'm a little bit stuck with the API.

It could be long to explain all the requierements but basicaly it's a test launcher with a lot of "other actions outside of QC".

So far I've managed to :

- Get the list of test contains in defined foldef in the TestPLAN

- Get the INSTANCEID (2 to 4 in my case) of a selected test.

And i'm stuck with that ID... I would need at the end to be able to see all the TestLAB Folder where a selected test from the TestPLAN is used, and then run my test and update status/Comment/... in this folder especialy.

TESTPLAN > Select a test > Get InstanceID > Return TestLab Folder(???)

Kind of the same function that is available in QTP when you start a test, you can select on which instance you wanna launch it.

blablabla connection...

Global $IDTest=$Testset.name ;the name of the test

;Finding the TestINstance for that test
Global $findinstance=$tdc.TestSetTreeManager
	Global $Fol=$findinstance.root
	Global $lis=$Fol.FindTestInstances($IDTest)
	Global $con=$lis.count

For $t=1 To $con
			Global $InsItem=$lis.item($t)
			Global $InsName=$InsItem.ID
;Result is ID of the instance
		Next

Parents
  • I think you should take the TSTestFactory property of the TDConnection object as your point of departure. From the factory you can get a filtered list of those test instances that refer to a certain test ID.

And the test instance will know which test set it belongs to, and the test set which folder it is located in.

• I think you should take the TSTestFactory property of the TDConnection object as your point of departure. From the factory you can get a filtered list of those test instances that refer to a certain test ID.

And the test instance will know which test set it belongs to, and the test set which folder it is located in.

Children