Monitoring changes to test executions/runs

All,

I have a request from a customer to send them email if someone made changes to a test run. I dont want to monitor individual fields but hoping to have something at the parent (run) level telling me a change has been made to the run. What exactly got changed customer is not interested as they can go back and check hisotry so I dont want to get into monitoring changes at individual fields level

Any thoughts around something offered by OTA to determine if a change has been made to a run? All I need to do is send alert (email) to 'Actual Tester' about this (that someone has modified his/her run after execution)

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Trudy/Bill,

Thanks for suggestions. Guess I'll go for audit table first and see how it goes. Workflow/permissions wont work in this particular case since we do want this group of users to have the ability to make changes to runs but notify actual testers about changes, if any, to take a look at their runs 'just in case' ...

Thanks again for your time.

• Hi Trudy/Bill,

Thanks for suggestions. Guess I'll go for audit table first and see how it goes. Workflow/permissions wont work in this particular case since we do want this group of users to have the ability to make changes to runs but notify actual testers about changes, if any, to take a look at their runs 'just in case' ...

Thanks again for your time.

Children
No Data