Defects not linked to Requirement report

We are trying to generate a list of defects out of ALM that are not linked to a requirement so we can go back and link the requirements to defects manually because the tester did not create the defect during their test run.

I have been trying to use the Analysis View and creating a standard defect report, but cannot seem to figure this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a huge timesaver!

Regards.

Victoria

Parents
  • Defects are not technically linked to requirements directly because by default requirements are covered by test cases. Then instances of a Test Cases (not the actual test case) are run inside test lab (you can run same instance multiple times). When you run an instance of a test case, it creates a "run" record. So the tester links a defect (he/she found during execution of an instance of a test case) to the run ...

In order for you to find requirements with underlying defects you have to link requirements to test cases to test instances to runs to defects ... if you search for end to end traceability report via SQL there should already be posts around that. Good luck!

• Defects are not technically linked to requirements directly because by default requirements are covered by test cases. Then instances of a Test Cases (not the actual test case) are run inside test lab (you can run same instance multiple times). When you run an instance of a test case, it creates a "run" record. So the tester links a defect (he/she found during execution of an instance of a test case) to the run ...

In order for you to find requirements with underlying defects you have to link requirements to test cases to test instances to runs to defects ... if you search for end to end traceability report via SQL there should already be posts around that. Good luck!

Children
  • Read your post again ... you know what my post is not relevant because it is more suited towards finding requirements with/without defects when you wanted to find defects not linked to requirements. Two separate things. Sorry I dont have experience with that kind of report. Good luck!

• @vlrbon09

Show us what you've tried (provide screen images) and explain how it is not giving you what you want.

Also, what version of the product are you using?

With v11.52 I am able to create a Project report to list all defects. I can then Add a Report Section to that for Requirements. If I then print the report it shows all the defects, and for those that have linked requirements it includes the linked requirement information. I can look through that and manually pick out which ones don't have linked requirements.

• @vlrbon09

Show us what you've tried (provide screen images) and explain how it is not giving you what you want.

With v11.52 I am able to create a Project report to list all defects. I can then Add a Report Section to that for Requirements. If I then print the report it shows all the defects, and for those that have linked requirements it includes the linked requirement information. I can look through that and manually pick out which ones don't have linked requirements.

• @vlrbon09