When register the ALM client, if the UAC level is high, the following error may appear:
"This type of installation requires that UAC be disabled. Disable UAC or run the program with administrator privileges."
Disable UAC in windows from Control panel
- Open Control Panel
- Go to the following path:
Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts
Click Change User Account Control settings link.
- Move the slider to the bottom (Never Notify), then click Ok.
Disable UAC in windows registry
It is possible to turn off UAC using the Registry Editor.
- Open Windows Registry : Start > run> type regedit
- Navigate to the following key:
If you do not have such a Registry key, then just create it.
- In the right pane, modify the value of the EnableLUA DWORD value to 0:
If you do not have this DWORD value, then create it.
- Restart your computer.