Run Error: Cannot find the "XXX:" object's parent "XXXXX" (class JavaWindow)

Hello, 

I am experiencing a weird issue. Im creating a test that runs on a Java application. I am receiving the error:

Cannot find the "Datatype:" object's parent "SmartJava: SMARTLAT_PROD" (class JavaWindow).
Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (59): "JavaWindow("SmartJava: SMARTLAT_PROD").JavaDialog("SmartJava: Conditions").JavaTable("Datatype:").SelectRow "#1"".

The weird part is that this object is used before on the test and runs fine. Once I hit this line, the error message pops up. If I click on Debug, go to the object repository and click on the object and use the "Highlight in Application", UFT can find it, then I click to resume the test, and works fine. 

If I click the stop button when the error shows up, and then click on run from step (starting on that line), the test is able to run with no problems, but when the object needs to be used again (is used multiple times on the test), I get the error again. 

UFT Version: 12.53

JRE Version" 1.8.0_91

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi rFish_911

Thank you for your reply. I tried adding the wait and it didn't work. Even when I get the error message, I also tried clicking Retry a few moments later and I won't recognize the object either.

I tried as well checking the object properties (right click- object properties), and checking those against the ones the object has when running (with Object spy), and they match.  What's really confusing me is that if I go to the object repository, and click the highlight in application, it can find it, and once this is done, the test can continue.