UFT 12.5 Is not recognizing Flex Objects

Helo, 

i have installed UFT 12.5 in my machine. Hope latest version of UFT will support Flex Addin by default as per latest metrics. 

Now, tried to record my test application i.e developed by Flex.. all objcects are recognize as "Web Element".

My complete Environment details:

Browser : IE11- 32 Bit

Adobe flash player : Latest version

Please someone from the team, help me. how can i record Flex applications.

Many Thanks..

Regards,

-Venkatesh.M

Parents
  • Hello Venkatesh,

Some preparation is required to enable UFT to communicate with and identify objects in your Flex application. Specifically, you must do one of the following:

• Install and pre-configure the relevant Flash Player Debugger
    • Set up the UFT Runtime Loader on the computer or server where the application runs.
    • Recompile your Flex application with the UFT Flex Agent

For detailed instructions on how to do so, could you please follow the steps described in "UFT Add-ins Guide > Flex Add-in > Flex Add-in - Testing and Configuration > Enabling UFT to Identify Objects in your Flex Application" that is accessible from UFT "Help > HP Unified Functional Testing Help" menu?

Kind Regards,

Francisca

• Thanks Framare,

i have installed latest version of adobe flash debugger in my machine., and the configuration settings i haven't changed.

Placed mm.cfg file in the location : C:\Users\[Username]\mm.cfg

content within mm.cfg file is :

PreloadSWF=C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\dat\Flash\Flex\UFTFlexAgentInjector.swf
    SuppressDebuggerExceptionDialogs=1
    ErrorReportingEnable=1
    TraceOutputFileEnable=1

Still UFT is not identify objects on IE11- 32Bit broswer, could you please suggest, if there is any work around.

Thanks..

Venkatesh.M

• Hi Venkatesh,

The configuration varies depending on the type of Flex application. Could you please let me know the below to help you configure UFT correctly to recognise Flex objects?

1. How is the Flex application opened? Using the preconfigured Flash Player Debugger, the runtime loader or a precompiled application?
    2. What is the application path: *.html/*.htm, *.swf or *.exe?

Kind Regards,

Francisca

• Hi Framare,

Thanks for answering.

My application URL is :http://domain/lg/glass.jsp?

application opened by using preconfigured Flash Player Debugger. as i thought when we install flash player debugger this will automatically get configuration settings from UFT. OR Vice versa.

my application will open from JSP pages, SWF Files are integrated in JSP.

Could you please suggest, correct way to open application and the way to configure dubugger.

For your reference here attached screenshot of the same..

Many Thanks.

Regards,

-Venkatesh.M

• Hi Framare,

Thanks for answering.

My application URL is :http://domain/lg/glass.jsp?

application opened by using preconfigured Flash Player Debugger. as i thought when we install flash player debugger this will automatically get configuration settings from UFT. OR Vice versa.

my application will open from JSP pages, SWF Files are integrated in JSP.

Could you please suggest, correct way to open application and the way to configure dubugger.

For your reference here attached screenshot of the same..

Many Thanks.

Regards,

-Venkatesh.M

• Hi Venkatesh,

Could you please try adding UFT's Flex Agent folder to the trusted locations in the Flash Player's global security settings? Please follow below instructions to do so:

1. Open http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

This opens the Flash Player Help, which opens the actual Global Security Settings panel.

2. Open the Edit locations drop-down list and select Add location.

3. In the dialog box that opens, enter <UFT installation folder>\dat\Flash\Flex\ in the text box (replace <UFT installation folder> with the relevant path), and click Confirm.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

• Hi Francisca,

Thank you for your reply.

i have done the same settings as you mentioned in the last conversation.

for your reference here attached the same screenshot also,

there after, closed all the browser's and then reopen test URL with UFT.. tried to Record, it records flex objecst as WinObject  in the below manner.

Browser("Browser_CAS").Page("Looking Glass_2").WinObject("MacromediaFlashPlayerActiveX").Click 585,112

Kindly advice,

Thank Again,

-Venkatesh.M

• Hi Venkatesh,

Could you please let me know the Flex SDK version used to compile the Flex application under test?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

• Hi Venkatesh,

Could you please let me know the Flex SDK version used to compile the Flex application under test?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

• Hi Venkatesh,

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

Reply Children