LeanFT Licesening

Greetings,

Our organization recently upgraded from UFT 12.02 to 12.53.  I'd like to start exporing LeanFT but have run into a licensing issue?  My organization has a Concurrent License for 'HP Functional Testing Concurrent User', which works fine for launching UFT 12.53, but I get the following error when trying to run LeanFT inside of Visual Studio 2015: "The LeanFT runtime engine requires a valid Functional Testing license.  To install a license..."

Is a separate license required ro run LeanFT in Visual Studio?

-Thanks in advance.

Tags:

Parents
  • A full UFT license can be used by LeanFT. Have you correctly configured your LeanFT installation to access the license server where the UFT concurrent license is installed?

• I installed Lean FT using the same configuration options as the UFT installation (I installed both modules at the same time).  UFT is able to contact the lisence server to use the concurrent license installed there.  Perhaps there are some Lean FT specific options that I glanced over during the installation?

• We havn't quite got to this stage yet (will be trying to conect VS and FT up soon) but when installing UFT and you select to install LeanFT there is another window durign teh install around the IDEs you want. Maybe have a look at that?

• wrote:

We havn't quite got to this stage yet (will be trying to conect VS and FT up soon) but when installing UFT and you select to install LeanFT there is another window durign teh install around the IDEs you want. Maybe have a look at that?

I'm thinking we got that part configured correctly - the UFT installer found the VS2015 installation (otherwise it's greyed out), and I selected that for the LeanFT Install.

Seems the issue is something to do specifically with the license installation - if I use the 'Functional Testing License Wizard' to switch from a Concurrent License to a Seat License (DEMO license) and then open Visual Studio, I get a friendly message telling me that "LeanFT runtime started successfully" and I'm able to use the LeanFT module from inside of Visual Studio.

• Do you have UFT and LeanFT both installed? I'm checked the v12.50 install guide and it says you should not install LeanFT on a machine where UFT is installed.

• Seems the issue is something to do specifically with the license installation - if I use the 'Functional Testing License Wizard' to switch from a Concurrent License to a Seat License (DEMO license) and then open Visual Studio, I get a friendly message telling me that "LeanFT runtime started successfully" and I'm able to use the LeanFT module from inside of Visual Studio.

Nate,

Looks like you don't have a full license for using both UFT & LeanFT. That's why you get an error message when you select the Concurrent License Server. This isn't an issue when you use the Trial License as you get a full license for both UFT & LeanFT.

Check with your License Admin to see what kind of license type you have. If it's a mistake, then you have to upgrade your license.

Trudy,

LeanFT can be installed as part of UFT or as a separate product. The only limitation here is w.r.t how you install LeanFT. Standalone version of LeanFT can't be installed on a machine where UFT is already installed. In that case, we have to use Change option, select LeanFT to install LeanFT along with UFT.

• Seems the issue is something to do specifically with the license installation - if I use the 'Functional Testing License Wizard' to switch from a Concurrent License to a Seat License (DEMO license) and then open Visual Studio, I get a friendly message telling me that "LeanFT runtime started successfully" and I'm able to use the LeanFT module from inside of Visual Studio.

Nate,

Looks like you don't have a full license for using both UFT & LeanFT. That's why you get an error message when you select the Concurrent License Server. This isn't an issue when you use the Trial License as you get a full license for both UFT & LeanFT.

Check with your License Admin to see what kind of license type you have. If it's a mistake, then you have to upgrade your license.

Trudy,

LeanFT can be installed as part of UFT or as a separate product. The only limitation here is w.r.t how you install LeanFT. Standalone version of LeanFT can't be installed on a machine where UFT is already installed. In that case, we have to use Change option, select LeanFT to install LeanFT along with UFT.

Children