Method not working anymore after IE version update

Hello Everyone ! 

I've run into some trouble lately after i've upgraded my Internet Explorer to IE 11. 

A method that was working on a previous version isn't workng anymore now, could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance !

Parents
  • It might be a lot easier to help you if you post the actual method you are having problems with. As well the version of your UFT installation.

• Thanks for your quick answer, well we are working on UFT version 12.02, and the method that's not working is this one (bare in mind the text you'll see in brackets is in french but it corresponds to the text you get when you want to save a web page in a french Internet Explorer) : 

Browser("WS E-Bill - Test").Dialog("Enregistrer la page Web").WinEdit("Nom du fichier :").Set g_strExecFileName

Also we are running IE version 11.0.9600.18537IS i don't know if it makes any difference but it's just in case.

• Thanks for your quick answer, well we are working on UFT version 12.02, and the method that's not working is this one (bare in mind the text you'll see in brackets is in french but it corresponds to the text you get when you want to save a web page in a french Internet Explorer) : 

Browser("WS E-Bill - Test").Dialog("Enregistrer la page Web").WinEdit("Nom du fichier :").Set g_strExecFileName

Also we are running IE version 11.0.9600.18537IS i don't know if it makes any difference but it's just in case.

Children
  • Strange, the combination of your UFT and IE should work. Is it only this method or have you experienced problems at other methods as well?

A couple of actions you might try:

• Is the BHO Manager add-in enabled?
    • Have you tried to factory reset your IE installation and/or checked if other add-ins are conflicting with the BHO Manager add-in? (A suggestion that worked a couple of days back from this thread).
    • Is it necessary to use the Dialog object in your object repository to identify the WinEdit object?
    • Is it really a WinEdit object? Isn't it normal to have a WebEdit when working with web?
    • Look at this forum thread as well - a suggestion there was to use this snippet of code to bypass the problem. I have no idea if it works though.
    Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 2
    oTempParentObj.Webedit("Country").set "CA"
    Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 1

Good luck!