Run Error

Hello,

I'm quite new to QTP automation, i have a simple script of 2 actions and with descriptions for the objects. My first action runs successfully but the 2nd gives the following error:

[ WebEdit ] Cannot find the "[ WebEdit ]" object's parent "[ Browser ]" (class Browser). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Could someone help me resolve this issue please?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hey,

Sure, the script is failing at:

Browser("Name :=xxx", "CreationTime :=1").Page("title :=xxx").Webedit("type :=text", "name :=YourName", "html tag :=INPUT").Set "sri"

Thanks.

• Verified Answer

Hi,

The creationTime property is an index used for identifying opened browsers (based on the order in which they were opened) that starts from 0.

So, in order for the line that you provided to identify the browser there would have to be at least two opened browsers that have the value of the name property 'xxx'. If this is not the case and you have only one open browser modify the creationTime property value to 0 and try again.

Observations : 

- If you are running the tests from QC/ALM - this browser session will be ignored by UFT only if you intruct it to do it;

- If you are running you're tests when there is only one opened browser with the value of the name property equal to the one that you provided then you could discard the creationTime property altogether.

Hope this helps,

Mihai.

• Verified Answer

Hi,

The creationTime property is an index used for identifying opened browsers (based on the order in which they were opened) that starts from 0.

So, in order for the line that you provided to identify the browser there would have to be at least two opened browsers that have the value of the name property 'xxx'. If this is not the case and you have only one open browser modify the creationTime property value to 0 and try again.

Observations : 

- If you are running the tests from QC/ALM - this browser session will be ignored by UFT only if you intruct it to do it;

- If you are running you're tests when there is only one opened browser with the value of the name property equal to the one that you provided then you could discard the creationTime property altogether.

Hope this helps,

Mihai.

Children