UFT license trend

Hello, 

is there an easy way to see the license usage trend? I would like to examine the usage trend e.g. as a graph over time. I can only see the UFT licenses that are currently in use. 

Thanks,

-Thomas

Tags:

Parents
  • I'll assume you are using a Concurrent license server for UFT.

There are no built in tools for reporting on license usage information.

The first thing you have to do is configure Sentinel to log license usage information.  On the UFT media, go to the LicenseServer\Server\SysAdminHelp directory and open the Sentinel online help by accessing Default.htm. Look up the topic Setting Usage Logging, and also read about the lsusage utility.

I used those to create logs of information about license usage. Then I parse those logs to create my own metrics.

• I'll assume you are using a Concurrent license server for UFT.

There are no built in tools for reporting on license usage information.

The first thing you have to do is configure Sentinel to log license usage information.  On the UFT media, go to the LicenseServer\Server\SysAdminHelp directory and open the Sentinel online help by accessing Default.htm. Look up the topic Setting Usage Logging, and also read about the lsusage utility.

I used those to create logs of information about license usage. Then I parse those logs to create my own metrics.

Children
No Data