Running a QTP script on a virtual machine via Windows scheduler

Can anybody help?

I've got QTP 10 application and the QTP script installed on a virtual machine (XP).  I'm running a VBScript via the Windows Scheduler to start QTP, load and run the script in the middle of the night

The QTP script invokes IE with correct URL, but fails at the first screen (login) reporting that the object doesn't exist and takes a screenshot, which is just black.  I've got a user account logged into the machine at the time of the run and I've changed the registry setting:

'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\SkipEnvironmentChecks to 1

If I RDP onto the machine with the same user account and run the VBScript via the scheduler or am logged in when the scheduled job runs, the QTP script runs successfully.

Parents
  • When the test runs, is there some RDT connection open to the VM, or is it all happening "behind the scenes?"

I have found that QTP tests don't run well, and sometimes don't run at all, on a headless VM. I usually have an RDT connection open on my desktop. It can be minimized. In fact, my desktop can be locked (not logged off).

Caveat: I learned this a while ago while using QTP 10 or maybe 9. I haven't tried it with the newer versions. It has just remained my SOP to have an open session to the VM while running tests.

• When the test runs, is there some RDT connection open to the VM, or is it all happening "behind the scenes?"

I have found that QTP tests don't run well, and sometimes don't run at all, on a headless VM. I usually have an RDT connection open on my desktop. It can be minimized. In fact, my desktop can be locked (not logged off).

Caveat: I learned this a while ago while using QTP 10 or maybe 9. I haven't tried it with the newer versions. It has just remained my SOP to have an open session to the VM while running tests.

Children
No Data