UFT 12.02 Trial Version is unable to recognize Flight Application objects

Hi

I have recently installed UFT 12.02 Trial Version. When i am recording calculator application, UFT is able to recognize the objects. But when i try recording on HP sample application - flight GUI application, UFT is not recognizing child objects.

it is only recognizing parent object and unable to identify child objects like below code - 

Window("Window").Click 236,219
Window("Window").Type "JOHN"
Window("Window").Click 230,286
Window("Window").Type "HP"
Window("Window").Click 139,342
Window("HP MyFlight Sample Application").Close

Please help.

Parents
  • Hi, I have installed uft 12 and facing the same issue that flight app objects not recognized by object spy.
    1.Have added WPF add-in at the time of installation itself.
    2. Also opened the flight application(run as admin) after qtp is completely started.
    3.Also cross verified wpf add-in under test settings.It is present and checked. Still have the issue. Please suggest.
  •  

Select the WPF addin and First execute the sytemutil in UFT whic will open the flight application.

systemutil.Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\samples\Flights Application\FlightsGUI.exe"

Then add the objects which will show as WPF objects.

WpfWindow("HP MyFlight Sample Application").WpfEdit("agentName").Set "john"
    WpfWindow("HP MyFlight Sample Application").WpfEdit("password").Set "hp"
    WpfWindow("HP MyFlight Sample Application").WpfButton("OK").Click
    WpfWindow("HP MyFlight Sample Application").WpfComboBox("fromCity").Select "Paris"
    WpfWindow("HP MyFlight Sample Application").WpfComboBox("toCity").Select "London"
    WpfWindow("HP MyFlight Sample Application").WpfButton("FIND FLIGHTS").Click

• Want to mention some additional thing here about the behaviour which i noticed in UFT 12.02 (build#2374).

1. When Flight App is run by executing systemutil.Run("path..") [WITHOUT ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION ], wpfobjects of flight app are recognised, but flight app does not support ordering.i.e error occurs while clicking on Order button and prompts to close the program.

2. When flight App IS FIRST CHANGED PERMISSION TO RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ] then run by executing systemutil.Run("path.."), then Flight app DOES NOT RECOGNIZE wpf objects but flight application works and orders can be processed.

i dont know if anyone is facing this but i tested it 2 times by again changing the permission from admin (by unchecking run as admin option in flightsGUI.exe properties) and then using 1st option which i mentioned here and it again behaved same way. Wpfobjects recognised and flight object crashed at Order process. 

• Want to mention some additional thing here about the behaviour which i noticed in UFT 12.02 (build#2374).

1. When Flight App is run by executing systemutil.Run("path..") [WITHOUT ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION ], wpfobjects of flight app are recognised, but flight app does not support ordering.i.e error occurs while clicking on Order button and prompts to close the program.

2. When flight App IS FIRST CHANGED PERMISSION TO RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ] then run by executing systemutil.Run("path.."), then Flight app DOES NOT RECOGNIZE wpf objects but flight application works and orders can be processed.

i dont know if anyone is facing this but i tested it 2 times by again changing the permission from admin (by unchecking run as admin option in flightsGUI.exe properties) and then using 1st option which i mentioned here and it again behaved same way. Wpfobjects recognised and flight object crashed at Order process. 

Children