Comparing screenshots

Hi,

I have to open an application by typing url, entering valid username and password. After that, I have to click on a button to go to screen1. I have to take a screenshot of the application at this stage.

After the server restarts, if I run the test, it should compare the new screenshot to the one that is stored when the test is created. If the screenshots match, the test should pass.

Can you please suggest what checkpoint is used for this? If I use bitmap checkpoint, the test fails always eventhough expected and actual screenshots are the same.

I tried to use the following procedure from help file. It is not giving me any error message. But I cannot see where this a.bmp file is saved. Please help me with this query.
My application is a java based application.

Regards
Sruthi.

Sub CaptureBitmap_Example1()
'The following example uses the CaptureBitmap method to capture a screen shot of the "Periodic" radio
'button. The file will automatically be saved to a different folder (the test run results folder) in each test run.
Browser("Periodic").Page("Periodic").CaptureBitmap "a.bmp"

End Sub
Parents
  • Hi Krishna,

I have changed the encrypted password before posting the code on the form. I have tested my webpage using page checkpoint. It is working fine. But page checkpoint checks only loadtime, images, links and broken links. Apart from all these, I want to check other aspects of my webpage like look n feel, webelements, webedits, checkboxes etc. If I change the tolerance, bitmap checkpoint is working fine.

My guess now is that if I use both page checkpoint and bitmap checkpoint on the entire page, all aspects of the webpage that I want to test are covered.

Please let me know if I am wrong. Once again, thanks a lot for helping me.

Regards
    Sruthi.
  • Hi Krishna,

I have changed the encrypted password before posting the code on the form. I have tested my webpage using page checkpoint. It is working fine. But page checkpoint checks only loadtime, images, links and broken links. Apart from all these, I want to check other aspects of my webpage like look n feel, webelements, webedits, checkboxes etc. If I change the tolerance, bitmap checkpoint is working fine.

My guess now is that if I use both page checkpoint and bitmap checkpoint on the entire page, all aspects of the webpage that I want to test are covered.

Please let me know if I am wrong. Once again, thanks a lot for helping me.

Regards
    Sruthi.
Children
No Data