NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information.
To restore a deleted a project from Silk Central you will need a previous backup of the database which contains the specified project.
Silk Central 13.0 or higher
You will be able to export the specified project from the restored database and restore it to your up-to-date database by following these steps:
Exporting a Project:
1) In the menu, click Projects > Project List. The Projects page displays, listing all existing projects and project baselines.
2) Click (Export project) in the Actions column.
3) Click OK on the confirmation dialog box.
4) Specify a location on your computer to save the project data there. Silk Central saves the project data in a .zip file.
Importing a project:
Note: The .zip file has to be a file that was exported from Silk Central beforehand.
Note: The .zip file is uploaded to the front-end server before it is imported into the database. Therefore, the front-end server needs to provide appropriate free disk space to store the .zip file.
Note: Must import into the same version of Silk Central the export came from
Silk Central 12.1 or lower
If you are on a version older than silk central 13.0, you have two options:
1) On a separate install import and upgrade your back up to 13.0 or higher and follow the steps above
2) Restored the entire backed-up database (you will lose all information added to the database since the last backup)
Before you start to export or import projects, carefully read the recommendations below.
This needs to be copied to the SC Staging area and then deleted from the Caliber Staging area
Then apply the format and layout suggestions that were discussed