NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information.
The CaliberRM server will not start after changing the hostname of the machine.
When you change the hostname of the machine where the CaliberRM
server is installed, the Versant database will experience
errors. The following procedure should be used to change the
1. Please change the hostname of the machine back to what
2. Please make a backup of the database using the
recommended backup procedure found in User Guide. Remember to
login as the database owner when you backup your database.
3. This step requires that you uninstall the CaliberRM
server. Please be sure that you have successfully performed
step 2 before proceeding to uninstall your CaliberRM server.
Borland recommends that you restore your backup on a test machine
to be sure that you have a valid backup before proceeding.
4. After uninstalling the CaliberRM server, you can proceed
with changing the hostname of the machine.
5. After changing the hostname, re-install the CaliberRM
6. Use the procedures outlined in the User Guide to restore
the backup you created in step 2 above.