IMPORTANT NOTICE:  As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site.   We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site.  We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete.   Once complete, the URL  that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always.  Please read the information on a New Login Process

Together 12.6 Trial Install on Linux

Hi

I'm in the process of installing a trial of Together 12.6, and have already got a fully loaded version of Eclipse 4.3.1 ready.  The Together zip file has been added to the Eclipse install, and it all starts up nicely.....

However, installing the license server is more problematic!

I've obtained the trial license keys and information via email, and have pasted this into a text file.  When running the MFLicenseServerInstall.sh file from the eclipse directory, I get the following errors:

-=-==================================================================-=-
Micro Focus Licensing Installation
www.microfocus.com

(C) 2013 Micro Focus.
./MFLicenseServerInstall.sh: 1: ./MFLicenseServerInstall.sh: ./bin/mfcesver: not found
-e
You can rerun this script at any time to complete
-e the installation of the SafeNet Sentinel Licensing Software.

-e cd /spare/eclipse
-e ./MFLicenseServerInstall.sh

I've logged in as root, and the puzzling part is that the executable listed can't be run, even though I can see it!

Has anyone had issues with the license installation?  All I want to do is run the trial to see if it suits our needs before committing to purchase!

Thanks

• In reply to scomdjp:

Hi,

You can configure all the local license servers to point to a central license server which will allow them to check out and check in licenses (concurrent licensing). All models of licensing that where previously available are still available (just configured differently).

• In reply to GaryR:

Further to the above, my trial licence expired, and I've submitted a request to get a new one a couple of times now, to no avail.  Am I restricted on the number of trial licences I can have?  I'm trying to get the person who will be teaching using Together to test it, but since 1st use they had a long period of absence, and now the 30 days is up :(

I've sent a query today to ask if another trial licence is OK.  Without it, we can't proceed with testing, and won't be able to recommend purchase.