IMPORTANT NOTICE:  As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site.   We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site.  We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete.   Once complete, the URL  that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always.  Please read the information on a New Login Process

Can Rhythm detect change packages in child views?

I have some (to me at least) odd behaviour in Rhythm.

If I check in changes to StarTeam linked against a given Rhythm Task in a main view of a project they appear in the Relationships for the Rhythm Story and therefore I can create a code review for these changes.

If, however, I check in changes to StarTeam linked against the same Rhythm Task but where the changes only appear in a child view within the StarTeam project, they do not appear within Rhythm at all.

Some questions:

1. Is this expected behaviour?
  2. If it isn't expected behaviour, how can I fix it?
  3. If this is expected behaviour, is there any way I can associate changes with Rhythm tasks from child views manually?

Thanks,
James Telfer

• Hello James,

You have actually identified a defect as the Code Review capability is currently identifying child view changes linked to a Story but not those linked to a Task. We will be fixing this issue and making it part of our 5.2 Rhythm release in February. If you'd like to track this issue further, please submit a case to Customer Care and we will let you know when an early release of the fix is made available.

Thanks very much,

Steve