Error executing Test Case (Silktest Workbench) from Silkcentral

Hi,

Im trying to execute a Test Case from Silkcentral. When I run it, I got the following error:

'Silk Test Workbench returned error 2: Failed to create the Silk Test COM object. Check that the COM object has been registered. Note that running Silk Test.exe registers the COM object.'

I can access to Workbench without problems in my Execution Server.

If I try to run the test by command line (STW.exe) works fine..

Any idea about what's going on?

Silktest v19.5

Silkcentral v19.0

Thanks.

• Hi,

do you have the possibility to tests this using another execution server machine?
    Did you restart the Silk Central execution server (incl. the Service Manager) after installing Silk Test Workbench?
    When you execute the script over the command line on the execution server machine, does this run as the same user as the execution server is running with?

Best Regards,
    Sebastian
  • In reply to sebastian.kornexl:

Hi Sebastian,

After the Workbench and Execution Server installation, I restart the environment.

Yes, the execution server run with the same user that I execute the command line. I already configured the service (Silk central Execution Server) specifying the user what im needed.

Regards,
    Eric.
  • In reply to Wyso:

Hi Eric,

Do you run the Silk Central execution server as a process or as a windows service? I ask, because you wrote that you " configured the service (Silk central Execution Server) specifying the user what im needed".

A prerequisite to run STW.EXE with a Silk Central execution server and to connect to a Silk Test Workbench database is that the Silk Central execution server runs as a process, and not as a service.

Can you please check that again?

Regards
    Michael
  • In reply to Michael Kern:

Hi Michael,

I configure the service to specify the user what I need. But yes, the process of Silk Test Execution server (sc_servicemanager.exe) is running on my environment.

Regards,
    Eric.
  • In reply to Wyso:

Hi Eric,

Sorry, i am not really sure if i understand what you mean.

You can run the Silk Central execution server in two different modes:

1) You can run the Silk Central execution server as a normal windows process (process-name "java_ExecServer.exe"). To start the execution server as a normal process, you have to open the Silk Central service manager application (process-name "sc_servicemanager.exe") from the task-bar and click 'Start' icon. Then you should see a process named "java_ExecServer.exe".

If the execution server runs as a process, then the process "java_ExecServer.exe" normally runs under that user account that is logged on to the machine.

Note: When you install the Silk Central execution server, it should run - per default - as a process.

2) You can also run the Silk Central execution server as a windows service (process-name "tomcat_ES.exe"). You can start/stop the Silk Central execution server - running as a service - from the Services application of Windows.

So in your case, is the Silk Central execution server running as a process ("java_ExecServer.exe") or as a service ("tomcat_ES.exe")? As i mentioned before, to run the STW.exe with a Silk Central execution server, the execution server must run as a process ("java_ExecServer.exe").

Regards

Michael

• In reply to Michael Kern:

Problem solved.

It was about permissions on the Execution server. I could not create a temporary DSN because I hadn't admin rights.

Thanks.
    Eric