IMPORTANT NOTICE:  As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site.   We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site.  We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete.   Once complete, the URL  that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always.  Please read the information on a New Login Process

New Course: Silk4Net C# Scripting Essentials (SLK410)

Featuring a brand new Instructor Led Training Course aimed for developers who wish to harness the power of Visual Studio (C#), using the Silk4Net plugin.

The following modules are covered:

• Module 1: Course introduction
• Module 2: Introduction to Silk4NET
• Module 3: Creating a Silk4NET project
• Module 4: Managing Application Configurations
• Module 5: Recording a test 
• Module 6: Object recognition
• Module 7: Adding verification
• Module 8: Play back tests and analyze results
• Module 9: Testing Web applications on mobile browsers
• Module 10: Example: Cross-browser testing
• Module 11: Wrap-up Exercises
• Wrap-up Assessment

See more information on the Course and the Course Outline for more information.

• Hi Paul,

Just a quick question please, we currently use Silk for our automation testing. I'm planning to learn about silk4net from here:www.microfocus.com/.../

I assume the course is free, but when I click on subsections, nothing appears. Wondering if I have to do anything to have access?

thanks in advance,

Prasanna

• Hello Prasanna

the course you refer to is the free version, which has been around for a while now and has not been updated for a long time. This newer version is a fully featured 1 day Instructor Led Course, along with a lab and assessment, this would be the recommended route for learning about Silk4Net, it is a chargeable course.

More information can be found here: admin.viewcentral.com/.../MF-Outline-SLK_410.pdf

If you still want to access the free course, then you will need create an account on the ondemand website, then you will be able to access the content.

• Thank you Paul for quick response.  I did create an account and login but still no luck.  

• Hello Prasanna

I am not sure what you mean what happens when you logged on as the user what steps did you follow and what result did you get?

Paul